Thursday, August 27, 2009

He ain't heavy....he's my brother!


Owen is a big baby. He has rolls...many rolls. Rolls that need to be tended to so stuff does not grow in them...I know...ewww.
While he is on the big size I don't find him overly huge or anything...I like to call him " healthy". He was so tiny at birth- 7lbs 1 oz which is a nice size. Ben was 6lb 15 oz and dropped to 6lbs 3 oz before we left the hospital as we had some feeding problems. Owen on the other hand gained from day 1 and sucked back bottles like nobody's business! I remember having to strip Ben naked and try so hard the first few days to get him to eat an ounce of formula. Owen on the other hand was eating about 3 ounces right from the start and I was so happy to not have the added stress of worrying that he was eating enough.
I wonder if you have a tiny baby if people make the same rude comments about how malnourished your child looks....honestly the things some people say! The other day a waitress at our favourite breakfast joint said when we came in carrying Owen "oh my god look at your giant baby!" Giant? What is he the Hulk or something at 4 months of age?
Ben caught up quickly in the feeding department and was a big baby as well although not with as many rolls. On vacation once all in the same day someone said about Ben " oh my look at him, he is a big boy-Hercules Hercules!" Huh? That was followed by some snooty lady walking by him while I was feeding him on a park bench and saying "wow look at the size of his head!". My boys have large heads but Ben grew into his and I know Owen will do the same. My dad said as this b***ch walked away without another word that I should have replied "wow look at the size of your nose" as it was a honker...wish we had thought of that sooner!!
I am sure there are many more of these comments to come...I need to find my inner b**ch and be prepared with some good responses.

4 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

some people!
are idiots.
ben and owen are perfect.
just tell 'em to call nanny and we will sort them out.
x

Clippy Mat said...

p.s. that pic is HILARIOUS. owen looks like a little buddha LOL

Jenn said...

he is gorgeoussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss and he does have rolls but it is so bloody cute and i cant wait to hold him he is absolutely gorgeous!! i wouldnt want him any other way and ppl say things but dont mean anythinng by it, they are just thick! as the geordies say, meaning daft! just say thank you i know, hes just gorgeous! and if they sayanything else just say im sorry can you repeat that your massive arse was distracting me and i couldnt help but think, is she wearing a floatation device or is that just a roll? haha

vron said...

here here -well said Jenn xxx