Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I do...


A good friend got married this past weekend. I love weddings! I love "love". It was a beautiful day despite the rain and black clouds that lingered throughout the day but just as I told her that morning when she called frantically for a weather report the sun came out just before she walked down the aisle. She looked at me while walking down the aisle and said "you were right!". They are a wonderful couple with two beautiful little girls and it was so nice to witness them become husband and wife. The reception was a blast and a good time was had by all. Ian could not be there and while I did have such a good time that my hips hurt the following day from too much dancing (?) I missed him horribly. Together at weddings I can usually be found on the dance floor and Ian at the bar but its nice to have that home base to come back to and to check in with from time to time. When I needed a break from dancing I would look around and realize he wasn't there. I have no idea how single people do it and the next time I want to start an argument with him over something silly I will definitely think of this and how fortunate we are to have each other.

4 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

!tear!
that song goes perfectly with this post Kee.
you are both so LUCKY to have each other.
and your friend was lucky too that you were there for her thru the whole event.
and we were lucky that we got to spend that special occasion with you too.
:-))

clinka said...

ahhh, so much fun! very nice post.
jbxo

Sara said...

**tear too*** !!

Glad you managed to have fun without him and I think days apart can make you stronger and more appreciative! I'm off to a wedding this weekend, without Martin - instead I have mam and dad as my home base. They'll have to do, I suppose ....

Lots of love

Sx

Jenn said...

ahhh thats lovely, we forget how good we have it at times dont we. it is so nice to have someone to share everything with. glad you had fun, love ya xxx