Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Ben...I mean Big Boy Ben


Today is Ben's 3rd Birthday...feels weird to say that..how is my baby 3 already? The time goes by by so so fast...it really does feel like yesterday that we welcomed him into the world. I keep thinking every age/stage is the best and it can't get any better but it does. We had been talking about giving up his "'soosie" (pacifier) this coming week because when he turns 3 he will be a big boy and big boys don't need soosies. He asked if we were going to throw them in the garbage and I told him we would when he turned 3 and he still had a few days to go. The next night he went to bed and for the first time in 3 years didn't ask for it and we have not looked back since. It was almost as if he was saying save me the soosie funeral mom...I don't need it and can do this on my own! Guess I was more attached to it than he really was. We had his party Friday and when he came home from daycare and saw all the balloons and preparations he hugged me and told me he was proud of me...such a sweetheart. Happy Birthday Ben!

3 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

Benny:
are you really 3? where did that time go? such a big boy and what a great birthday party it was.
congrats on giving up the soosie Mom, I mean Ben. :-))
x

Jenn said...

lol 'im proud of you mom' he's so funny, that is so cute that he got rid of the soosies, bless his cotton socks. he is a lovely big boy now indeed, but he's still a baby in our eyes hehe but we'll love him at any age xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.