Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wanna play?


This is what our living room floor looks like on any given day lately. I won't lie it has looked like this for 3 days now and I haven't bothered to clean it up yet. I am trying to teach Ben to tidy up his own toys but funnily enough he doesn't do as good of a job as he does at daycare or his grandparents! He did tidy this mess up a few times but somehow at the end of each night it is back to looking like this and both him and I are too tired to do it come 8pm. Only takes a few seconds but at the end of the day I sometimes don't even have enough energy to bend over and take the few seconds to do it. I used to be a clean freak but things started to slide once I went back to work after my first maternity leave and they haven't improved since. I figure I will get back to keeping a tidy house when the kids move out so stop by for a visit in about what 18-20 years?

2 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

small steps!
just get him to tidy up ONE thing; to fill ONE container. that's good enough.
the rest is not worth bothering about LOL
xx

Jenn said...

your house is always tidy, and even thats not bad, its just kids toys afterall hehehe