Friday, July 10, 2009

My fridge runneth over..


This is what I like my fridge to look like...clean, somewhat organized and full. I have a problem. I have for years made fun of my mom who grocery shops daily and who's cupboards and fridge-make that 3 fridges are always full...overflowing in fact. I don't think I have ever asked for something at their place and been told...sorry I don't have any/I am out of. They spend a few months down south every year and I think that it is hilarious that when they return home from being away a few months she will only buy milk, butter and bread and will wait for the flyer's to come out before she does her shopping. She goes to several stores to buy things on sale but I know her shopping habits must equal hundred of dollars in groceries a week. She will pick things up for me when on sale and drop by with the odd thing-mustard this week! Bless her, she is very thoughtful and generous! Last time I counted there were 9 bottles of salad dressing in her fridge-who needs that much salad dressing?
Well, I have turned into my mother. I love the grocery flyer's and this week I have visited not 1, not 2 but 3 grocery stores to get things on sale. Could be worse things to take after right?

2 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

you're just a little suzy homemaker! I have about 8 bottles of salad dressing. but 9? that's just WAY too much. :-)

Jenn said...

haha i like that your fridge is like that, and when i visit your house i always pick out something nice to drink or snack on hahahaha
xxxxxxxxxxxxx